This once again proves…wherever you go, the British have been there before you! At least that’s what I thought when I came across this uber-cool red telephone box. Obviously I’ve seen one before…in London, in Turkey, in a little town at the coast of the North Sea. It almost seems as though it’s the ‘moon’ flag of the British which they put everywhere they’ve been. Pssst, I want one for my room please!
I have to admit I’ve most shamefully neglected this blog for the last few months, not because I don’t like blogging anymore, far from that, but because I’ve been so busy doing other things and I haven’t been in London since a while so there’s not much to blog about. As for outfit posts, there will be some new ones this year, as soon as I’ve found a good background other than my living room (as seen in many previous posts…). For now, you’ll have to live with these kind of blog posts – however, I’m sure you’ll survive. 😉 Oh, and before I forget it: Happy New Year 2014! (May it be better than 2013; at least for me.)
Here’s what I’d like to wear on New Year’s Eve:
Michael Kors Chain Lace Dress and Studded Shoulder Cardigan (get yours at Selfridges)
Marc Jacobs Polka-dot Plaque Bracelet (also Selfridges)
Mulberry Lily Glossy Medium Goat Bag in Red
Melissa Ginga Platform Mary Jane Shoes
Oh, and here’s what I actually ended up wearing (at least the colours are the same):
PS: Have you noticed how all the brand’s names start with an ‘M’?
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
The title says it all. I would say I’ve got nothing else to add, but then again I’ve always got something to add, so here we go…
My last few posts were a bit royal-focused (Marie Antoinette and so on), so I thought I should keep that topic up for a bit longer et voila, this post is what happened. I took these pictures on a 40°C day, which had one big advantage: as it was so hot, no one else was outside, so no one could see me running through the garden in this dress. Which I’m quite glad about. It prevented my neighbours from thinking I’ve totally lost it now. But I can assure you, I’ve felt completely and utterly comfortable. I was definitely born in the wrong century and nothing will keep me from pointing that out on every suitable occasion.
“Qu’ils mangent de la Brioche!”, better known as “Let them eat cake!” This quote, supposedly said by Marie Antoinette (though there is no evidence she ever said that), is quite famous. And if you spent at least an hour of your life promenading through the Jardin de Versailles, the Grand and Petit Trianon, the Opéra Royal or the Château, or watching the film “Marie Antoinette” by Sofia Coppola, you immediately get a feeling that she might indeed have said something like that. Someone who lived in such a world of its own, like most Queens and Kings, so far away from the real life on the streets of Versailles back then, may have lost every sense of reality. When you enter the gardens or the royal château, you enter a different world. Even now, crowded with tourists, it feels as though you’re in a fairy tale. Sitting on a bench somewhere in the Bosquet de la Reine, away from the touristy path to the Grand Canal, it feels like you’re in a magical place and maybe, if you listen closely, you can hear Marie Antoinette laughing with her close friend, the Duchesse de Polignac…
The two pictures above were taken in the Bosquet de la Reine which I mentioned before. It’s a really lovely part of the gardens. Just walk down the stairs next to the Orangerie and then turn right. You’ll find it eventually…
This post is actually killing me. All the beautiful, shiny, new and expensive things I can only dream of. Sighhhh…. Every time I walk through Selfridges, I feel like I should spend all my money there. I have a thing for bags (well, more of an obsession, really) and accessories, and Selfridges is like paradise for me. If I’d list all the items that are on my wishlist, this would’ve been posted in about three years, so I only chose a very very very small part of my wishlist, including items by Mulberry (favourite brand!), Michael Kors and Stella McCartney.
1. Alexa grainy calf leather satchel: Oh, wonderful shiny blush beauty! This is my dream bag, and one day, I will buy it!
2. Willow leather wallet: And while I’m at it, I’m also going to get this beautiful nude wallet.
3. Heart purse: ….Aaand this cute heart purse. Or the valentine heart key ring.
4. Heart key ring: It seems like key rings are my new obsession. And this girly one would definitely be one of the first in my collection.
5. Jet-set extra small saffiano tote: The MK signature jet set tote and a real beauty of a bag, made of saffiano leather with a really cool colour.
6. Stretchy bead bracelet: In rose gold and for only 59 pounds! Does anyone have some spare 59 pounds…? Anyone??
7. Triple label blazer: A very chic and business-y blazer which I’d probably wear at work.
8. Floral skinny jeans: Yes, it’s a pair of jeans. And yes, I haven’t worn jeans for over two years. But I’d make an exception for these!
9. Embroidered lace dress: A very elegant dress, similar to one I already own. But you just can’t have enough dresses, can you? I love the material and colour!